TRACK | Men and Women Find Podium at George Mason

GU HOYAS | Senior Spencer Brown finished first in the 800m event, while junior Joshua Bell placed fifth.

The Georgetown track and field teams competed in nearby Fairfax, Virginia, on Saturday, April 13 in the George Mason Spring Invitational. The men’s team picked up a pair of first-place wins during the meet, with scores only being determined for individuals, as there was no team scoring for the men, while the women’s team earned a promising podium finish, completing the meet in third overall.

The Hoya men had great success in the longer sprint and middle-distance events. In the 400-meter dash, All-American fifth-year Joe White notched a time of 47.60, earning first place. Fellow All-American sophomore Ruach Padhal finished less than a second after White to gain third place with a time of 48.32, breaking a personal record in the process.

Moving toward longer events, seven Georgetown runners competed in the 800m event, five of whom finished among the top-10 spots. Senior Spencer Brown raced hard to first place, earning an impressive time of 1:49.12, while junior Joshua Bell placed fifth in the event, sophomore Kenny Rowe placing sixth, freshman Ian Delgado finishing in ninth and fifth-year Brennan Munley rounding out the top 10.

In the 1500m run, the men’s last event of the day, freshman Maazin Ahmed gave the Hoyas another top-10 finish out of 58 runners, finishing eighth overall with a time of 3:52.04.

On the women’s side, the first highlight of the day came from freshman Eni Akinniyi, who posted a jump of 11.72m in the triple jump finals, ultimately taking bronze in the event.

The relay team of sophomore Olivia Arizin, sophomore Lexi Del Gizzo, freshman Cathilyn McIntosh and freshman Tamiya Roberts claimed a second-place win for Georgetown in the 4x400m relay.

The Hoya women also performed competitively in the hurdle events. In the 400m hurdles, sophomore BryAnn Sandy finished in fourth place out of 13 with a time of 1:03.91. Sophomore Vickie Milledge, aiming to improve upon her recent top-five win in the 100m hurdles, secured a top-10 finish for the Hoyas on Saturday, racing to ninth place.

The Blue and Gray will compete next in a pair of meets Thursday, April 18, in the Bryan Clay Invitational in Azusa, Calif., and the Mt. San Antonio College Relays in Torrance, Calif.