Summer Cinema Coming to a Theater Near You

May 25
‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’
Produced by Lucasfilm, “Solo: A Star Wars Story” marks the most recent installment in the “Star Wars” franchise, following 2017’s “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.” Featuring Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, the film follows Solo’s adventures with Chewbacca and provides a glimpse of his life before the Rebel Alliance and the Millennium Falcon. The film also introduces new actors to the “Star Wars” franchise, including “Game of Thrones” star Emilia Clarke as Solo’s partner-in-crime Qi’ra and “Atlanta” actor Donald Glover as the smuggler Lando Calrissian.

June 18
‘Incredibles 2’
Fourteen years after Disney and Pixar released the hit animated superhero film “The Incredibles,” the powerhouse production studios are set to release “The Incredibles 2.” Picking up right where “The Incredibles” left off, the film centers on the Parr family’s struggle to maintain normalcy while Elastigirl uses her superpowers to fight crime. Brad Bird, who wrote the original film, returned to write and direct “The Incredibles 2,” and Craig Nelson, Holly Hunter and Samuel Jackson will again voice Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl and Frozone. The film also features new characters Voyd, voiced by Sophia Bush, and the Ambassador, voiced by Isabella Rossellini. The film is rated PG, making it a perfect film for young and old audiences alike.

AMBLIN ENTERTAINMENT

June 22
‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’
“Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” is the second installment in the “Jurassic World” trilogy and the fifth film in the “Jurassic Park” franchise. After the destruction of the dinosaur-centric Jurassic World park in Isla Nublar in the previous film, dinosaurs roam Earth as they face extinction. The film sees the return of Chris Pratt as Owen Grady, Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing and Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcom as they team up to protect both the dinosaurs and humanity. The film is rated PG-13 because of some violent and frightening scenes.

CINEREACH

July 6
‘Sorry to Bother You’
From rapper and director Boots Riley comes “Sorry to Bother You,” a sci-fi comedy that first premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on Jan. 20. The film stars Lakeith Stanfield, who has stepped into the spotlight for his roles in the critically acclaimed thriller “Get Out” and the television series “Atlanta.” Stanfield plays telemarketer Cassius Green, who adopts a “white voice” to gain career success. In scenes in which Green uses his “white voice,” the voices of actors like David Cross and Steve Buscemi are dubbed over Stanfield’s visual performance, a distinct directorial choice that sharply juxtaposes the character’s dual identities.

August 17
‘Crazy Rich Asians’
Based on Kevin Kwan’s novel of the same name, “Crazy Rich Asians” is the story of economics professor Rachel Chu, played by Constance Wu, and her affluent boyfriend Nick Young, played by Henry Golding. When Chu accompanies her boyfriend to a wedding in Singapore, she learns of his family’s wealth and expectations for his future wife, complicating her relationship with Young. The movie marks a milestone in representation, as it is the first Hollywood film with an all-Asian cast that is not a period piece since the 1993 film “The Joy Luck Club.” The film is rated PG-13.