Student Injured in Bias-Related Assault

In a bias-related incident involving sexual orientation, an unknown assailant attacked an unidentified Georgetown University student on the 3300 block of M Street at 1:31 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 13. The student, who sustained injuries, was taken to a nearby hospital.

“The GU student along with two other students were walking in the area when an unidentified male subject approached from the opposite direction, made a derogatory comment about sexual orientation and subsequently assaulted the GU student before fleeing in an unknown direction,” read an email sent to students today from the Georgetown University Police Department.

The Metropolitan Police Department arrived first on the scene and responded to the victim, after which they contacted GUPD. According to the student, the suspect was Middle Eastern, male and approximately 30 years old. The email described the victim’s status as “receiving medical treatment.”

Calls to GUPD were not returned as of this time.

Both GUPD and MPD will further investigate this incident. Anyone with knowledge of the situation was advised to contact MPD’s Second District Station at (202) 715-7300, or the Department of Public Safety at (202) 687-4343.