MSB Appoints New Associate Dean

Former Chief of Staff to the McDonough School of Business Dean Jeffrey Franke has been appointed the school’s first associate dean for external affairs, a new role that will focus on engagement and the school’s development.

Franke, who joined the university in 2006, will now also serve as special advisor to the dean.

In his new role, Franke will manage the MSB’s alumni, corporate and community relations, Board of Advisors and Parents Advisory Council. He will also serve as the school’s liaison with the Office of Advancement and oversee certain school-wide projects.

“Our goal is to make all of our external partners — alumni, corporate, and community — feel engaged with the school and to steward that engagement efficiently and effectively,” Franke said in a statement released by the MSB Monday. “A key priority of the school is to build a community of philanthropic support, not only to raise funds for our capital campaign, but to actively involve external constituents in the life of the school through service.”

Franke has previously worked in the private, non-profit and government sectors. Before coming to Georgetown, he served as chief of staff at Investors’ Education Foundation, an organization that promotes financial literacy, and, before that, an officer with the Pew Charitable Trusts, a non-profit dedicated to improving public policy and civil society.