Henle Thief Sentenced to Prison

Antoine Gibson, 36, of Washington, D.C., who burgled a Henle Village apartment, has been sentenced to six years in prison.

The Honorable Patricia A. Broderick sentenced Gibson on Nov. 4 after Gibson pled guilty to charges of first-degree burglary and violating the Bail Reform Act. Gibson will have to serve an additional three years of supervised release following the completion of his sentence.

Gibson entered a student’s fourth floor Henle apartment at 8 p.m. on Jan. 6, 2015, while a student was asleep in an upstairs bedroom. He stole a laptop from the living room, before proceeding to the upstairs bedroom. The student woke up and confronted Gibson, who then left without any problems. The Georgetown University Police later apprehended Gibson blocks away from campus, finding the laptop in his backpack, after the student reported the incident to campus police.

In a Twitter post, GUPD wrote about their pride in the work of their officers, which helped bring Gibson to justice. “Great job by GUPD officers. Henle Village Burglar gets Six-Year Prison Term. U.S. Attorney gives kudos to GUPD,” GUPD wrote.