Ex-Hoya Millen Arrested Again

Ex-Hoya Millen Arrested Again

Less Than Week After Jailed for Trespassing, Millen Returns to Campus

By Sean P. Flynn and Karen Travers Hoya Staff Writers

Former Hoya basketball player Kevin Millen (GSB ’95) was arrested for the second time in five days Monday, both times on charges of trespassing on the Georgetown campus.

Millen, a resident of Memphis, Tenn., was arrested onday afternoon after violating a Nov. 5 court order banning him from Georgetown property. According to a D.C. Superior Court report obtained by The Hoya, Millen was spotted in Healy Hall by an employee of the President’s office who notified the Department of Public Safety. DPS took him into custody in Village C, where the Metropolitan Police Department was notified.

Millen was arraigned on Wednesday, released on his own recognizance and placed under the supervision of a halfway house. He was given the order not to appear on the Georgetown campus and to not speak with any of the prosecution witnesses.

It was the second time in a week that Millen had been arrested for trespassing. On Nov. 4, Millen was arrested on two counts of simple assault and one count of unlawful entry onto the Georgetown campus after having been served a university barring notice, “due to [his] past behavior,” according to a Georgetown University statement. He was released on $2,500 bond on Nov. 6.

D.C. Superior Court officials were unable Thursday to locate the records regarding the Nov. 4 arrest.

Georgetown Senior Sports Communications Director Bill Shapland refused to specify the date of Georgetown’s original barring notice, while DPS Sgt. Gilbert Bussey said he did not know the date.

Shapland said that the Nov. 5 court order had been issued on top of Georgetown’s barring notice by presiding judge F.D. Dorsey.

The affidavit for Millen’s arrest warrant on the harassment charges, issued Sept. 18, alleged Millen had made at least 37 threatening phone calls to the office of Georgetown en’s Basketball Head Coach John Thompson since February. The affidavit says that on Feb. 4, Millen, when told that Thompson had not received a Feb. 2 message from Millen, said, “I have a game plan. If he doesn’t call me back, I’ll f- him up.”

The calls started in January, the affidavit says, when Millen had enlisted Thompson’s help in getting a job. Although Thompson had been able to find one a job for Millen, the harassing calls continued.

For the last three months, according to the D.C. court records, the 25-year-old Millen had been employed at emphis’ White Haven High School as a teacher and assistant basketball coach, but for unknown reasons had stopped working there only a few days before first appearing at Georgetown. Shapland would not comment on whether this job was the one Thompson had obtained for Millen.

Before getting the job, Millen had been unemployed for three months after three years as a substitute teacher.

The court date for the latest offense is Nov. 17, while he is scheduled to show up in court for his Nov. 4 offenses on Jan. 26, 1999.