Corp Ink Expands Services

Students of Georgetown, Inc. founded Corp Ink, a campus printing service, in December 2011. Now, The Corp has expanded the service to include T-shirt design and video production targeted toward student groups on the Hilltop.

According to Corp Ink Director Ian Lundy (MSB ’15), these sectors of Corp Ink are a consolidation of three formerly internal Corp services: high-quality printing and video production from Corp Marketing and Corp T-shirt Art Graphics, or “Corp TAG.”

In 2011, The Corp first made these services available to the public, but combined them within Corp Ink this year.

Along with providing printing services, Corp Ink also employs a design team that helps student groups with organizational branding. Director of Printing Christopher Kennedy (NHS ’14) said that the company is looking for opportunities to expand its services.

“We’re open to any idea as long as it falls in this general category,” Kennedy said. “Our hope is that we will be the first [choice] — over Kinko’s, for example — for student groups to do their printing.”

Part of that expansion strategy involves cutting the turnaround time for orders. While this time is currently at three days for posters and flyers and 10 days for banners, The Corp is aiming to cut down this production period as the business develops more streamlined practices.

“Right now, we’re still in an analysis phase [of] understanding our pricing and product range,” Lundysaid. “We are trying to figure out the most economical way to serve the students.”

Corp Ink is the organization’s first new business to open since Corp Catering, which launched in 2008. The Corp previously operated a photo-printing service, Full Exposure, which began in 2000, but closed within four years because of the rising popularity of digital photography.

Despite its small number of staffers, Corp Ink has already begun to find business among the campus community. The service produced flyers, invitations, programs and video content for Rangila in November.

Rangila Co-Chair Neha Sobti (COL ’13) said she was pleased with Corp Ink’s service.

“It turned out to be a great contract and partnership, and it was also really important to help out another student organization,” Sobti said. “We wanted to work with on-campus groups as much as possible.”

Corp Ink is not limited to student group usage, although individuals who purchase the service must meet a minimum quantity for their order.

Lundy said he hopes Corp Ink can develop into an “obvious go-to” for student groups.

“In five years I want us to be serving half of the organizations on campus,” he said.