Armed Robberies Reported at Serendipity 3, Five Guys

Two armed robberies were reported at restaurants within five blocks of campus Sunday.

The first incident occurred around 1 p.m outside of Serendipity 3 on M Street. According to a Metropolitan Police Department report, two employees were taking a smoke break outside the restaurant when they were approached by two unidentified males. The suspects first asked for a cigarette, then one pulled out a handgun and demanded the employees’ wallets and phones.

The report describes both suspects as black males between 25 and 35 years old, with medium complexions and thin builds. The first suspect is also described as weighing about 160 pounds, and was last seen wearing blue pants and a yellow shirt. The second suspect was described as being about 170 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair and wearing a black hat. It is not clear which suspect was armed.

The second incident occurred just before midnight Sunday, when an armed suspect robbed Five Guys on Wisconsin Ave.

The suspect was reported to be light complexioned and of medium to average build and was dressed in all black. He was armed with a handgun and stole an unknown amount of cash from the restaurant.

MPD is directing the ongoing investigations into both incidents.