The women’s volleyball continues to amaze and thrill spectators. This weekend they defeated two top Big East teams as the St. John’s Red Storm fell to the Hoyas on Saturday night 15-7, 11-15, 15-8, 15-9, while Connecticut stretched out the match to five, before succumbing to Georgetown, who won 4-15, 15-6, 15-11, 12-15, 15-8. The Hoyas are [19-3 overall, 6-0 and in sole possession of first place in the Big East](http://www.thehoya.com/sports/crazy-eights-georgetown-wins-its-eighth-straight-game-sits-atop-the-big-east/). Sunday’s match presented the Hoyas with their biggest conference test this year. Facing Connecticut, No. 2 in District I rankings, No. 1 Georgetown had their top seeding, nine-game winning streak and perfect Big East record all on the line. The Hoyas mustered an entire team effort to beat Huskies, drawing upon the experience of senior players and the agility of the freshmen. Sophomore outside hitter Kiran Gill was the match leader in kills (24), team leader in digs, and added two aces and a solo block to round out her overall great play. Senior middle backer Melissa Tytko stepped up to the challenge the Huskies made, with a hitting percentage of .381, with 19 kills, three solo blocks and five block assists. Junior outside hitter Elisa Davidson contributed her usual strong effort, with eight kills, 40 set assists, three aces and 19 digs. Freshmen [outside hitter Yulia Vtyurina](http://www.thehoya.com/sports/no-jitters-for-this-freshman/) and setter Megan Mullen created an intensity felt through the crowd of 603, with their power and accuracy. Vtyurina had 21 kills, 15 digs and a match high in solo blocks three and block assists eight. However, it was Mullen’s step-out performance that added the right spark for the Hoyas to defeat the Huskies. She had the match-high hitting percentage (.400) with 14 kills and solid defensive play. Saturday found St John’s with their fifth straight loss in the Big East, but not without a confident effort against the Hoyas. They rallied in the third game, leaving the Hoyas at one point down 1-11, but just as with the rest of the match, the Hoyas came back. The women’s squad scored seven unanswered points, putting them with in sweeping the match in three, before the Red Storm came back to win it. The third game rally, however, could not save St. John’s from another loss. A different lineup gave the Hoyas a much stronger middle blocking front, with sophomores Meg Troller and Kaili Stevens coming up with four blocks each. The co-captain Tytko also stepped up to help block with five total, as well as 13 kills, with a match high .650 hitting percentage. Gill and Vtyurina again led the offense with 23 kills each, with Vtyurina adding game high 21 digs. Next, the Hoyas will take their 10-game winning streak to Villanova to take on the Wildcats Saturday at 2 p.m.