After the final whistle sounded on Sunday afternoon, and the Georgetown women’s soccer team removed the bandages from their old injuries and applied ice to their new ones, it was apparent that this group had endured the long battle of a season. With their 3-0 loss to Boston College on Sunday, the Hoyas’ Big East record fell to 1-8-1, with [a 4-8-1 record overall](http://www.thehoya.com/sports/georgetown-gets-non-league-respite/), as they head into their final game of the season at Villanova. “There’s no energy right now,” Head Coach Leonel Popol said. “A lot of it has to do with academics, but there’s just no energy right now.” In the last home game for seniors Alex Desbrow, Laura Haggarty, and captain goaltender Abby George, the Hoyas fell behind in the twenty-seventh minute of the match when the Eagles were rewarded with a corner kick. The ball, centered by Mary Guarino, was batted out of the air by George, and landed insided the goal area. Katherine Murphy touched it over the line, rewarding Guarino with her team-high ninth assist of the season. Following the goal, the Eagles used their momentum to generate a number of scoring opportunities; however, George refused to allow the visitors to score easily. Throughout the first half, she made three excellent stops, providing her team with the confidence to create more offensive attacks. “We had tremendous opportunities in the first period,” Popol said in reference to the final 15 minutes of the half. The Hoyas’ greatest scoring chances of the match came from sophomore midfielder Liz Delgado and freshman [forward Barbara Torres](http://www.thehoya.com/sports/quiet-confidence/). Delgado’s shot came from 25 yards out and was pulled out of the air by Boston College goaltender Courtney Schaeffer, while Torres’s, from 20 yards, was tipped over the crossbar. The Hoyas, unable to finish their offensive surges, went into halftime with the score 1-0, as Popol elected to substitute freshman Shereena Chang for George. Forty seconds into the second half, a shot by junior Brandy Manza sailed by Chang’s untested hands and into the back of the net. The ball again found its way to the boot of Guarino after a miscommunication between junior Jen Neibor and sophomore Sarah Watson. Guarino played a precise pass across the box to an open uncontested Manza, who one-timed the ball past Chang. With the second goal, Boston College appeared to take over the match. The speed of the Eagle offense was superior to the quickness of the Hoya defense, and fatigue became a deciding factor early in the half. anza notched her second goal of the match in the 75th minute with a rip into the upper corner, diluting any hopes for a Hoya comeback. Following the match, a disgruntled but always positive Popol said, “We definitely have the potential of improving, but we have to work very hard. Harder then we ever have before.” The Hoyas’ season finale is Saturday at Villanova at 1 p.m. The Wildcats are 8-7-2, 3-5-1 in the Big East.