Opponent: No. 2 Duke (18-3, 4-1 ACC)

Date and Time: March 18, 1 p.m.

The Skinny: Georgetown faces off against Duke a year to the day after the Blue Devils handed the Hoyas their first loss of last year’s campaign. Down 9-4 at halftime in last year’s arch 18 battle in Durham, a furious comeback led by goalkeeper aggie Koch’s then-career high 11 saves fell just short as a late Blue Devils goal stretched a 9-8 lead into a 10-8 winning margin.

Although Georgetown will face three ranked teams before welcoming Duke to the Hilltop, this may prove the first real challenge of the young season. Koch must deliver a similar performance if the Hoyas hope to take down the perennial ACC power, although the Duke attack has been rebuilding after graduating its top four scorers. Still, the Blue Devils will return their other eight starters from the squad that made it to the semifinals of the NCAA tournament before falling to eventual national champion Northwestern.

Opponent: No. 8 Maryland (12-8, 2-3 ACC)

Date and Time: April 3, 3:30 p.m.

The Skinny: The eighth-ranked Terrapins are out for revenge after the Hoyas stole an 11-10 overtime victory from Maryland last year when attacker Brittany Baschuk scored the game-winner with 16 seconds remaining in the extra period in College Park, Md.

The Terrapins will have nearly a week to prepare for the game, while the Hoyas will be coming off a three-game road stretch that includes a contest against No. 4 North Carolina, who the Hoyas defeated off another overtime goal from Baschuk last season.

Maryland lost only two of its top 14 scorers and returns starting goalkeeper Allie Buote, who stopped 12 shots in last year’s tangle with Georgetown.

Opponent: at No. 5 Notre Dame (15-4, 4-1 Big East)

Date and Time: April 14, 1 p.m.

In what has emerged as a genuine rivalry, the winner of this Big East showdown will most likely take the conference crown. In the preseason poll, the Hoyas were picked to finish first in the conference and the Irish were slotted second. Some of the league’s best talent will be on display in the contest, with more than half of the players selected to the preseason all-Big East team coming from these two teams.

Georgetown and Notre Dame split their two meetings last year. In the first contest, attacker Coco Stanwick capped off a four-goal performance with a game-winner in triple overtime to give the Hoyas an 11-10 win. The home victory secured first place in the Big East for Georgetown, but did not mark the last word from Notre Dame. In the NCAA quarterfinals, the Irish knocked off the Hoyas 12-9 in South Bend and ended Georgetown’s season.

With talent all around, the conference title on the line and revenge on everyone’s mind, this game is sure to be a hotly-contested thriller.

Opponent: at No. 6 Princeton (12-6, 6-1 Ivy League)

Date and Time: May 6, 1 p.m.

The Skinny: This non-conference match sandwiched in between the Big East and NCAA tournaments will be the final tune-up for the Hoyas as they look to improve on last year’s quarterfinal exit from the NCAA Tournament.

Princeton will have a similar goal in mind – they were ousted from the quarterfinals by Dartmouth – but will also be looking to regain bragging rights after their 9-7 defeat to Georgetown last year.

The Tigers return nine of 12 starters from last year, including attacker and point-leader Kathleen Miller and midfielder Katie Lewis-Lamonica, who led the team in goals. They also retain last year’s sensational freshmen midfielders Kristin Schwab and Ivy League freshman of the year Holly McGarvie. Those four combined for six of the Tigers’ seven goals against the Hoyas last season.