WOMEN’S BASKETBALL | Brown’s Hiring Announcement Set for Wednesday

Keith Brown, an assistant coach at Georgetown, will be officially introduced as the Hoyas’ seventh women’s basketball head coach at a press conference Wednesday morning.

“I am excited to be promoting Keith to head women’s basketball coach,” Georgetown Director of Athletics Lee Reed said in a statement. “He has been an integral part of our success over the past few seasons and I am confident he can sustain the program’s momentum. Keith is a proven recruiter and motivator, he has the ability to push these student-athletes both on the court and in the classroom and I look forward to what he will bring to the program.”

First reported by the Associated Press on April 29, an announcement of Brown’s hiring was initially expected last week. But according to emails from Georgetown spokeswoman Barbara Barnes, the school experienced paperwork delays and the announcement is now set for Wednesday.

Brown will replace Terri Williams-Flournoy, who left for Auburn earlier this month. He worked onWilliams-Flournoy’s staff for five years, focusing especially on recruitment. During that time, the Hoyaswere 108-55 and made three straight trips to the NCAA tournament.

Prior to joining the Georgetown coaching staff, Brown served as an AAU coach in the mid-Atlantic. Those connections were immediately put to use on the Hilltop, when Brown secured three top-25 recruiting classes and snagged McDonald’s All-American Sugar Rodgers in 2009.

Although Rodgers, who was the Big East’s scoring leader with 18.5 points per game last season, returns for her senior season, seven of her teammates — Brown’s first recruiting class at Georgetown — are graduating next month. The Hoyas will particularly need to find replacements for standout forward Tia Magee and guards Rubylee Wright and Alexa Roche.