Michael Goodwin, former vice president of alumni and university relations at Georgetown, accepted the position of president and CEO of the Oregon State University Foundation, an OSU press release announced Thursday.

At Georgetown, Goodwin’s role was focused on the raising and administration of private funds for the university.

He accomplished much during his time with the university. In his decade-long tenure, Goodwin managed Georgetown’s most successful capital campaign which brought in over $1 billion in seven years.

The Third Century Campaign is responsible for having generated the resources necessary for the building of the Southwest Quad, the renovation of St. Mary’s Hall and the endowment of 62 new faculty members and 206 additional scholarships.

During Goodwin’s 1995-2003 tenure, Georgetown’s annual donations more than doubled, going from $8.5 million to $20 million.

Prior to coming to Georgetown, Goodwin worked for the Washington State University Foundation from 1986-94, where he helped direct a promotion which raised $275 million.

“Mike has had great success in launching and completing university-wide capital campaigns,” Oregon State President Ed Ray told The Business Journal of Portland. “He has experience in both the public and private university sectors, and he understands the land grant mission.”

The Oregon State University Foundation is coming off of one of its most successful years, having raised $53.1 million in outside finances for the university in 2003.

Goodwin will head the school’s first capital campaign, taking over the role of his predecessor, James Reinmuth.

Goodwin could not be reached for comment.