To Do: Summer in D.C.
Published: Thursday, May 17, 2012
Updated: Thursday, May 17, 2012 00:05
1. Take the water taxi to a Nationals game.
2. See the fireworks at the Washington Monument on July 4.
3. Go canoeing on the Potomac.
4. Visit the Butterfly Gardens at Brookside Gardens.
5. See the monuments at sunrise (or sunset).
6. Go for a run along the waterfront.
7. Picnic in Meridian Hill Park.
8. See the beautiful trees at the U.S. National Arboretum.
9. Listen to a free concert on the Capitol steps.
10. Say hello to the pandas at the National Zoo.
11. Take in a free show at Kennedy Center's Millenium Stage.
12. Be a tourist and go on a double-decker bus tour.
13. Enjoy every ice cream and frozen yogurt shop in Georgetown.
14. Catch a concert at Merriweather Post Pavilion.
15. Spend a day lazing on Healy Beach.
16. Enjoy Intern Appreciation Week perks the week of June 8.
17. See a movie at "Screen on the Green" on the National Mall.
18. Buy locally at farmers markets.
19. Take advantage of Capital Bikeshare.
20. Visit all the Smithsonian Museums.