Summer Guide 2016

SUMMERFEELCOVERfinal - Copy

Fourth of July in the Capital

There is no better place in America to celebrate the Fourth of July than the nation’s capital. If you’re here for the summer or just a long weekend, don your best patriotic attire, load up on water and check out our tips to make the most of the day.

A Day in DC Without Breaking the Bank

Spending your summer in Washington, D.C., affords you the opportunity to explore neighborhoods beyond M Street and Wisconsin Avenue — simply taking a walk through the city’s other vibrant districts is a great, cheap way to spend a warm summer day.

Spending and Splurging Around DC

It’s the middle of the summer and that exclusive paid internship — the one that serves as the source of all your friends’ envy — has just paid you following two 40-hour weeks and a few overtime hours. It’s time to blow off some steam and treat yourself, and maybe a friend.

Museum Exhibits Around the District

Five exhibits — from the Newseum’s ongoing coverage of the 2016 campaign to the National Museum of American History’s preview of the soon-to-be-opened National Museum of African American History and Culture — are highlights of D.C.’s summer museum scene.

A Season of Festivals

What do live music and dragon boat racing have in common? Each are centerpieces of two of D.C.’s most exciting summer festivals.

The Concerts to Catch This Summer

Georgetown is fortunately situated in the nation’s capital, a global epicenter of live music. Not only has the city inspired innumerable up-and-coming artists, but it also regularly plays host to the world’s top acts and most popular tours. This summer is no exception. For those looking to spend an evening with a favorite band at one of D.C.’s storied venues, we have compiled a short list of the biggest acts gracing D.C. stages this summer.

Recent and Upcoming Music Releases

While Beyonce’s “Lemonade” and Chance the Rapper’s “Coloring Book” highlight recent music releases, look out for upcoming albums from Nick Jonas and Rae Sremmurd over the summer.

Summer Film Debuts and Movies for Any Occasion

Whether searching for the most intriguing new movies in theaters or old favorites to keep you company, these film recommendations have you covered.

The Best Fiction Reads of the Summer

While reading novels might not be a priority during the school year, summer free time provides the perfect opportunity to crack open one of these novels.