Summer Guide 2015

ALEXANDER BROWN/THE HOYA
ALEXANDER BROWN/THE HOYA

The school year is busy and students rarely have an opportunity to genuinely explore the District and take part in everything that it has to offer. For those staying in D.C. over the summer, it is a great chance to get more from Washington, and The Hoya has outlined a few ways to do that in its Summer Highlights issue.

Across DC

Summer is the ideal time to break the Georgetown bubble, so make sure you take the time to visit these interesting DC districts.

ALEXANDER BROWN/THE HOYA
ALEXANDER BROWN/THE HOYA

Festivals & Concerts

Check out some of the most exciting festivals and concerts coming to the city of Washington this summer.

Day Trips

CHUCK SZMURLO
CHUCK SZMURLO

Being in the District can be great, but here are some fantastic day trips for the inner adventurer in each of us.

Day on a Budget

There’s no need to spend a lot of money in order to find food and activities around the District.

Summer Movies

LEGENDARY PICTURES
LEGENDARY PICTURES

As the semester ends, rejoice at all the free time on yours hands, and take advantage of the opportunity to get out of the heat and see some great films this summer.

Summer Music

Not sure where to start with your summer playlist? Have no fear. The next few months promise to bring a variety of new music from your favorite artists as well as a few need-to-know newbies.

What to Eat

ALEXANDER BROWN/THE HOYA
ALEXANDER BROWN/THE HOYA

D.C. is a great city for any foodie, so check out some of the best spots to eat in the District and some refreshing summer recipes.

Exhibits

Take advantage of the cultural hub that D.C. is by checking out the summer’s most interesting exhibits.