Student Assaulted in Dorm

A Georgetown junior was allegedly assaulted in McCarthy Hall by another student early Saturday morning, law enforcement sources said.

According to a Metropolitan Police Department incident report, the victim, a junior in the MSB, was hit in his face at 4 a.m. Saturday after engaging in a verbal argument with the suspect in the McCarthy Hall lobby.

He was taken to the Georgetown University Medical Center, treated for facial lacerations and released.

The victim, an MSB junior, asked that he not be identified and declined further comment Thursday.

MPD officials said that nobody had been arrested in the incident but would not explain why. Officials declined to identify the suspect. Doris Bey, the associate director of the Department of Public Safety, said that the incident remains under investigation by university officials and also declined further comment.

The MPD report said that the incident began at the Tequila Beach nightclub at 1115 F St. at 1 a.m. Saturday where the two students got into an argument. As both students returned to their campus residences, another argument ensued and the assault took place, the report said.

The students have a history of verbal altercations spanning four months, according to the report.