1. Substantial restructuring of the Office of Student Affairs. Timeframe: Immediate and continuous review. Status: Preliminary steps were made with the elimination of the Dean of Students/Director of Special Projects.

2000 Recommendation. Further restructuring of the Office of Student Affairs as the new Vice-President assumes his/her responsibilities to reduce bureaucratic obstacles. Timeframe: Immediately and continuous review.

2. Elimination of the Senior Associate Dean of Students/Director of Special Projects position. Timeframe: July 1999. Status: Accomplished. The elimination of the Senior Associate Dean of Students/Director of Special Projects position was beneficial because it decreased the layers of administration to the Dean and significantly increase in funds available to student groups. 3. Independent management-consulting review of the Office of Student Affairs, either through a private consulting firm or as a comprehensive project for MBA students. Timeframe: Results completed and circulated by May 2000.

Status: There has not been any progress made on this recommendation.

2000 Recommendation. Independent management-consulting review of the Student Affairs, either through a private consulting firm or as a comprehensive project for MBA students. Timeframe: Results completed and circulated by May 2001.

4. Implementation of on-line request forms, including approval and submission of Purchase Orders, Expense Authorizations, Interdepartmental Invoices, and facilities rentals. Additionally, we recommend the development of a system of electronic reimbursement to student group cost center numbers, individual student accounts, or student bank accounts through the student-run center union. Timeframe: September 2000.

Status: While there has been progress in this area with the introduction of Safeway, Kinkos, and Domino’s purchase orders, there is still much work to be done. Further work in this area would cut down on the amount of paper work and students will have more time planning the events for the student community. Placing these “much requested” forms on line will also be more cost effective as the price of paper is rising. Great efforts should be made to convert the Office of Student Programs into a paperless environment completely online.

2000 Recommendation. Supply the new Director of Student Activities Facilities with the means and support to ensure that availability and space requests can be done online. Timeframe: Immediately.

5. Creation of an Informational Technology Coordinator for the Office of Student Affairs, to work primarily with OSP, OPA, the edia Board, and VPS. Timeframe: September 1999.

Status: There has not been any progress made on this recommendation

2000 Recommendation. Creation of an Informational Technology Coordinator for the Office of Student Affairs or place the responsibilities of informational technologies for the Office of Student Affairs onto a current employee, who will have a UIS liaison to make the Internet an integral part of OSP, OPA, the edia Board, and VPS. Timeframe: Immediately.

6. Distribution of a photography services and supplies debit card, or “one card” ” for student groups. Timeframe: September 1999.

Status: No effort has been made in this regard. The university proposed “one card” would be for individual students and one is not in the plans for student groups. However, a similar card for student groups is ideal and the university should extend the student “one card” discussions to include student groups as well.

2000 Recommendation. Distribution of a photography services and supplies debit card, or “one card,” for student groups. Timeframe: January 2001.