DAVID WANG/THE HOYA Evacuated students waited outside Southwest Quad as firetrucks surrounded the building.
DAVID WANG/THE HOYA
Evacuated students waited outside Southwest Quad as firetrucks surrounded the building.

A small fire originating in the overhead light in room 604 of Kennedy Hall caused the evacuation of the entire Southwest Quad late Sunday evening.

Residents of McCarthy, Kennedy and Reynolds Halls waited on MultiSport Facility for about 30 minutes before the Department of Public Safety gave the “all clear” signal.

While there appeared to be no significant fire or water damage to the affected room, the two residents will be forced to stay in an alternate location for a few days while University Facilities staff inspects and cleans the room, which was covered in a layer of dust after the incident.

No injuries were reported.

 

TED MURPHY/THE HOYA Room 604 of Kennedy Hall was covered in a layer of dust after its overhead light caught fire late Sunday night.
TED MURPHY/THE HOYA
Room 604 of Kennedy Hall was covered in a layer of dust after its overhead light caught fire late Sunday night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have a reaction to this article? Write a letter to the editor.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*