Name: Ricky Schramm

Sport: Soccer

Position: Forward

Hometown: Eastchester, N.Y.

High School: Fordham Prep

School/Year: COL ’07

Major: Undecided

High School Highlights: Named the 2002-03 Bronx Soccer Player of the Year . Two-time Newsday All-New York City First team member . Ended high school career with 70 goals . Plays club soccer with F.C. Westchester . Member of the Eastern New York Olympic Development program . Participant on Fordham Prep’s track and tennis teams.

Georgetown Highlights:

Big East offensive player of the week . Leads the Big East in goals and points in 2004.

When did you first start playing soccer and why?

I started at six years old, at about the time when everyone starts playing soccer when they’re young. My parents got me into it in the beginning. I basically played all sports when I was young, but I didn’t narrow it down until later on.

What was the best moment in your sports career?

I did a lot of stuff in high school that was pretty moving, but I think it was last year when we played Indiana, who have one of the most renowned soccer programs. We tied them, and I was lucky enough to score two goals in the last five minutes of the game. It was literally the second week I had been here and everything was really new to me – it was kind of shocking.

Who is your favorite soccer player?

Probably Thierry Henry from France. He’s a ridiculous forward, someone I aspire to be like.

Any comments on David Beckham?

A lot of people inside the soccer world are bitter about him, but I think it’s awesome how he’s made a name outside of just the soccer world. A lot of people think he’s overrated, but I don’t think he’s that overrated at all because he is probably the best passer that the soccer world has seen in a while.

What is your favorite moment in sports history in general?

One that sticks out in my mind would be Michael Jordan’s last shot at the unofficial end of his career against the Jazz. There are so many posters of it. I thought it was just an amazing way to go out.

What is a typical day like with soccer?

During the season, things are a little more structured. Three quarters of practice time is either the day before the game or the day after the game, either recovery or preparation. But we usually go about two hours daily six days a week. Then you lift on your own. Before the season it is a lot longer.

Who is your biggest rival?

We have several. I guess the hometown rival is American, but basically any of the Big East teams are considered rivals. All those games I would consider rivalries because we all know so much about each other, and it’s anyone’s game no matter what the standings are, or what the national rankings are when we are playing them.

Do you have a favorite pump-up song?

Not in particular. I am one of those guys on the team that always has his iPod on before games and everyone makes fun of me for it. I listen to a lot of rap and techno, but I don’t have one particular song that I listen to.

What is the most demanding thing about soccer?

The lack of opportunities you have in a game to finish. Everything comes down to just several moments in a game.

If you could be good at any sport besides soccer, what would it be and why?

It would be the best to be a professional golfer because it’s the best overall life – you can just travel all over the world. But, in terms of glory, probably basketball.

Do you have any superstitions or pre-game rituals?

I kind of have a lot, but to generalize them, I have a routine I have developed. I always eat a certain number of hours before a game, always take a shower in the locker room right before we are supposed to meet, and I usually eat the same kinds of fruits before a game, always bananas. Basically I do the same exact thing all the time.

Do you have a favorite class at Georgetown so far?

I probably have to say General Psychology with Professor Sabat. Though it was probably the hardest class I have taken here, he was a really good teacher.

What are some words you might use to describe yourself?

I try to think of myself as easygoing, competitive and upright.

Who is your biggest inspiration?

I would say a combination of my parents because of the sacrifices they are still making for me to be where I am right now. I didn’t get a scholarship here, and Georgetown soccer barely has any money, but they allowed me to choose the school I wanted to go to. Both of them work like crazy in order for me to go here.

What is your biggest fear?

My biggest fear is the end of my success, however abrupt it’s going to be. I always ask myself when am I going to stop being so lucky. That’s probably one of my biggest fears.

What is your most embarrassing moment?

I’ve done many embarrassing things in games, like missing PKs, but nothing too interesting.

If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?

I would probably invest a lot of it, and I’d get some sort of an apartment in New York City.

What is your Favorite food?

Definitely steak.

What is your biggest pet peeve?

In general, inconsiderate people – people who aren’t courteous.

What is your Favorite Magazine?

SoccerAmerica.

Favorite movie?

Braveheart.

Least favorite movie?

Snatch. I’m not a fan of those movies.

Wisey’s or Booey’s?

Wisey’s.

Freshman dorm?

New South.

Dream car?

A Ferrari Enzo.

World series pick?

Yankees.

What is under your bed right now?

Clothes.