According to the PETA2 Web site, Georgetown University is the ninth most vegetarian-friendly campus in the United States, the result of an internet poll conducted at the end of 2007. As far as the Editorial Board is concerned, this is impressive news. Among those universities that are higher-ranked than Georgetown are Northwestern at number one, Yale in second place and UC Berkeley in the third place. It’s about time we heard some good feedback about the dining facilities, and if an organization like PETA says the food is good, we are inclined to believe them. We are excited that the university is successful at both improving the quality of service, as well as improving the lives of a non-mainstream group of students. Many Hoyas make the dietary choice of abstaining from meat for a smorgasbord of reasons. Many come to eat vegetarian for cultural reasons, health reasons, ethical and religious beliefs. All of these are very important to individual students, and providing for these choices goes a long way to making the student population happier and healthier. The improvement in the vegetarian options is a real and significant example of the principle of pluralism in action, showing that small details can go a long way to include and care for the diverse community on this campus. Georgetown should strive to apply the same attitude to the rest of student life, making this campus a truly inclusive place to learn, grow and expand our palette of experience. We don’t want to overly politicize this achievement of the facilities at Georgetown, but the vegetarian choices in the dining hall offer a great break from the breaded meat and fried potatoes that comprises the lion’s share of dining choices in college. The vegetarian stand often has delicious, finely crafted dishes that make the other side of the cafeteria pale in comparison. Before you knock the food on campus, try stepping outside of your culinary comfort zone first.