“Hoya Paranoia.” It doesn’t have the popular ring of Duke’s “Cameron Crazies,” but give it time.

“Hoya Paranoia” was the slogan written on the towels in the student section at MCI Center last Wednesday night when Georgetown defeated Seton Hall, 61-51. In a shaky Big East, every game is a test of strength and postseason ability. The next test for Georgetown is against the unpredictable Scarlet Knights of Rutgers.

The Hoyas now stand at 14-6 with a 6-3 record in the Big East. They are in good shape to have a high seed in the Big East tournament at the beginning of March, and a good showing there will lead to a greater chance of making the NCAA Tournament. Still, Georgetown must play well, which means beating every team against which they are favored, including two games coming up away at Rutgers and back home against the West Virginia Mountaineers.

This Saturday’s game in New Jersey will be a tough road game as the Hoyas travel to the Rutgers Athletic Center, an intimidating place to play.

Georgetown will be tested as they were the first time they faced Gary Waters’ squad, which ended in a 62-55 win at MCI Center. The Scarlet Knights have two of the most versatile guards in the conference in sophomore Quincy Douby (15.4 points per game, 34.5 three-point percentage) and senior Ricky Shields (14.3 points and 5.1 rebounds per game).

Rutgers’ students and fans have endured a tough season thus far as the Scarlet Knights have gone just 1-7 in the conference with only seven wins overall. The disappointing season has been draining some of the passion from the fans. This, coupled with the caravan of Hoya fans traveling up to New Brunswick this weekend, should make the RAC an easier place to play compared to years past. The Scarlet Knights were much more effective on their home court last season when they won 17 games at home en route to a 20-win 2003-04 performance.

Georgetown has played well on the road this season, winning five of its eight road games thus far, including wins at Pittsburgh and Villanova. The Hoyas should have no problem going into the RAC this Saturday if they see production from their two junior leaders, forward Brandon Bowman (15.5 points and 6.8 rebounds per game) and guard Ashanti Cook (10.9 points per game and 41.5 three-point percentage). The Hoyas should also be able to dominate down low with Bowman, freshman forward Jeff Green (13.3 points and 7.3 rebounds per game) and freshman center Roy Hibbert (5.6 points and 4.2 rebounds per game).

The Hoyas match up well with the Scarlet Knights. Georgetown guards Cook and freshman Jonathon Wallace have been playing great defense lately, which will be needed in order to stop the tandem threat of Douby and Shields.

Rutgers will have a tough time stopping the Hoyas frontcourt attack, especially the multi-talented Green, who scored 16 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in Georgetown’s last contest against the Scarlet Knights on January 11th. If the Hoyas shoot well and pass the ball down low, this Saturday’s contest will be a win.

Tipoff is at 7 p.m.