On Campus in Brief

The Corp Announces New 2001 Officers

The Students of Georgetown, Incorporated announced yesterday that they have chosen three new officers for the new semester. Gina Kim (COL ’02) has been selected to replace Paul Sumilas (COL ’01) as president of The Corp. Kim has worked for The Corp since her sophomore year. Kittredge Christenson (COL ’02) has been tapped to succeed Adam Thompson (SFS ’01) as vice president of operations for The Corp. Christenson formerly served as the Director of Movie Mayhem. Also, Justin Pytka (COL ’04) will replace Brad Martorana (MSB ’01) as Vice President of Finance. Pytka assumes the position after just one semester with The Corp. The upper management of The Corp, which consists of store managers as well as several other officials, and The Corp board of directors selected these positions.

– Tim Sullivan

Model UN Team Impresses in Canada

Georgetown’s Model United Nations team, which is run by the International Relations Club, has just returned from its annual conference in Montreal as the team with the most individual awards at the international conference. In its seventh year at the conference, Georgetown represented the countries of Peru, Ethiopia, the People’s Republic of China and Italy and came away with more individual awards than Harvard, the University of Calgary and the University of Toronto. Neil Gormley (SFS ’04), Evan McKay (SFS ’04), Tina Aprilakis (COL ’03), William Schlickenmeier (SFS ’01), Nathan Richardson (SFS ’01) and Marc Luppino (SFS ’01) each won gavels, which is the highest individual award granted at MUN conferences. Also of note, David Landau (SFS ’04), Mike Galas (SFS ’04), Myra Cortado (SFS ’02), Leo Rini (COL ’04), Savvas Papadopoulos (SFS ’01) and Aaron Neus (SFS ’02) gained honorable mention status. Up next for the Model UN Team will be a conference at the University of Virginia in late March.

– Tim Sullivan