Monarchs Feature Dual-Threat QB

QB Thomas DeMarcoRedshirt sophomore quarterback Thomas DeMarco has not disappointed as the leader of a prolific Old Dominion offense this year. Behind DeMarco, the Monarchs are 6-2 and have not scored fewer than 27 points in any game this season. A Palm Desert, Calif., native, DeMarco transferred to Old Dominion from the College of the Desert. He passed for 1,792 yards and 14 touchdowns last season while rushing for eight scores of his own. This year, DeMarco has already thrown for 1,428 yards and eclipsed his throwing touchdown mark from 2008 with 17; he also leads the team in rushing yards with 475 and rushing touchdowns with seven. The quaterback’s all-around athletic ability has him ranked 29th in the nation in passing efficiency and 28th in total offense.

The 5-foot-11, 205-pound business management major dominated Virginia Union earlier this year on Sept. 12 at home, accounting for five touchdowns – two through the air and three on the ground. DeMarco was 13-for-18 on pass attempts in the game, good for a season-high 72.2 completion percentage. While the quarterback is obviously unfamiliar with the Georgetown defense, he is sure to pose problems for the Hoyas with his arm and his legs.

DB Craig Wilkins

Redshirt freshman defensive back Craig Wilkins has done it all this year for the Monarch’s defense. He leads Old Dominion with three interceptions on the year which he has returned for 65 total yards. His five pass breakups and eight passes defensed also place him at the top of the Monarchs’ defensive stat sheet, while his 51 total tackles rank second on the team behind junior linebacker Mychael McJunkins. From his spot in the secondary, Wilkins has also recorded a sack this season.

At 6-foot and 210 pounds, the stocky defensive back had a marvelous senior season at H.D. Woodson in Washington, D.C. Wilkins racked up an impressive 103 tackles, picked off eight passes, broke up 21 passes, forced four fumbles and blocked two punts.