All year long, Georgetown men’s soccer coach Keith Tabatznik has been preaching the old “one-game-at-a-time” philosophy made famous by virtually every coach in every sport. This past Saturday, his players learned just how ugly that adage can be, as the No. 11 Hoyas dropped a critical game to Providence, 2-1. In the 21st minute, Providence junior midfielder Chris Holterfoff ripped one from the top of the box off a pass from Andrew Bussmann right past Hoyas junior goalkeeper Tyler Purtill. The game went into intermission with the 1-0 score, and the Hoyas faced the daunting task of coming from behind in the second half, something they have only done once in four previous attempts. The team responded to the challenge at hand, however, as junior midfielder Jason Partenza scored in the first minute of the second half off a pass from freshmen forward Kenny Owens in front of the goal. That proved to be the lone offensive surge for the Hoyas, though, as Providence goalkeeper Dan Pires made four saves to deny the Hoyas anymore goals. Pires had great help from his defenders, though, as the Friars’ sophomore defender John Costigan was awarded with the Big East Defender of the Week for his efforts. Providence answered right back after Partenza’s goal, scoring in the 49th minute as sophomore forward Kevin Jones scored on a breakaway on the pass from Andrew McConville. The loss drops the Hoyas to [11-4 overall and, more importantly, 5-4 in the Big East](http://www.thehoya.com/sports/long-weekend-sees-hoyas-on-top/). Instead of remaining tied for fourth in the conference with Seton Hall, the Hoyas dropped a spot and are now tied for fifth with Providence and Notre Dame in the points column. The Hoyas now go on the road again to face Villanova on Wednesday and Boston College on Nov. 1. The two games now turn into must wins for the Hoyas as the conference schedule is winding down and the all important Big East tournament looms in November. With much preseason notoriety, the Big East is living up to the critics’ praise, as Seton Hall stunned Connecticut in Storrs, Conn., this weekend, 2-1. The Huskies were 15-0 heading into the game and appeared to be heading into postseason with no losses, but as Tabatznik has been saying all year, every game in the Big East is a dogfight, with nothing to be taken for granted. With the weeklong Big East tournament starting Nov. 7, the games against celler-dwellers Boston College and Villanova are extremely important for seeding purposes for the Hoyas, and in the long run, NCAA tournament hopes. The Eagles are 2-6-1 in conference play, and the Wildcats sit in the basement with a 1-9 mark. “I would hope that the statement they want to make [about this season] is how they play this Wednesday,” Tabatznik said. “It’s a time where there’s been a lot of talking all year, we’re having a good year. “But a loss like we had on Saturday shouldn’t happen.” The Hoyas handled both teams last year, edging Boston College, 1-0, in overtime and destroying Villanova 5-0, both on Harbin Field.