The past weekend saw Georgetown’s men’s and women’s swim teams travel north to Massachusetts for two meets, taking on Holy Cross on Friday and competing with Boston College and Maine Saturday afternoon.

The Hoyas easily prevailed over the Crusaders on Friday, as the men posted a 144-91 victory and the women won 142-93. From the start, it was clear that Holy Cross would prove to be no match for a Georgetown team coming off a resounding victory over St. Peter’s the week before. On the men’s side, the Hoyas swept two events.

In the 1000yd freestyle, freshmen Jon Hayden and Kevin Rieffel garnered first and third, respectively, and senior co-captain Jim cLaughlin captured second; in the 100yd breaststroke, senior ichael Dowley, sophomore William Stehesedt and freshman Nick Libertiny finished first, second and third.

Junior Shodai Enters won both the 50yd and 100yd free, in addition to serving as the anchor of the victorious 200yd medley relay team behind Dowley and sophomores Stephen Ferguson and ichael Bayer. The diving events were evenly split between the two teams, as Alan Fong won the three-meter dive and placed second in the one meter.

The women also swept two events – the 200yd fly and the 500yd free – and added several other wins for a very solid team victory. Senior captain Liz D’Auria came away with two victories, in the 50yd and 100yd freestyle races, freshman Cara anlandro won the 1000yd free and freshman Katie Amaro placed first in the 200yd freestyle in addition to her victory in the 500yd free.

On the diving board, Juliana Bonilla put up several good scores, but finished second in both events.

After Friday’s impressive showing in Worcester, the Hoyas made their way to Chestnut Hill to take on the Boston College Eagles and the Black Bears of the University of Maine. BC emerged from the tri-meet undefeated, edging the Hoyas 123-113 in the men’s competition and soundly defeating Georgetown 188-54 on the women’s side. Georgetown was able to place second among the men, though the women finished third.

Overall, the meet was dominated by Boston College – the Eagles grabbed the top spot in 19 of 26 events, including a sweep of the top four places in the women’s 200yd. butterfly event.

Six men’s events were won by the Hoyas, paced by two victories each for Enters (50 and 100yd free) and Fong (one- and three-meter dives). Senior captain Bryan Evangelista placed first in the 200yd free, followed closely by junior Edmund Caulfield in third. The 400yd medley relay team of Ferguson, Dowley, Evangelista and Enters placed second, while the 400yd free relay team (Bayer, junior Ted Lin, freshman Don Ball and Evangelista) nabbed first place by 0.8 seconds.

Other Hoyas to place in their events included Dowley (third in the 200yd breaststroke), Ferguson (second in the 200yd backstroke, third in the 200yd IM), Hayden (third in the 1000yd free), cLaughlin (third in the 500yd free) and Rieffel (second in the 500yd and 1000yd free). Freshman Heath Walden also finished second in the 200yd fly.

The women were not quite as successful: outside of Bonilla’s second place finish in the three-meter dive and third place finish in the one-meter, only four Hoyas made it into the top three for their respective events.

Amaro finished third in both the 200yd and 500yd free, sophomore ichelle Herd placed second in the 200yd backstroke and junior Colleen Newman was third in the 1000yd freestyle.

The Hoyas have no more home meets this season, but will travel to Philadelphia for a meet with Drexel University at 2 p.m. on Saturday. After taking on the Dragons, Georgetown will have two weeks before their final regular season meet at the Rutgers Invite on Feb. 15.