It seems as if the Hoyas do not need a lucky rabbit’s foot or four-leaf clover – not when they have McDonough Gymnasium.

There was one consistency for Georgetown at home against Howard on Monday night. The Hoyas did not lose a single set.

This consistency has been evident throughout the team’s home games this season, with a flawless home-match record of 4-0 – of which the Hoyas have yet to lose even a single set, establishing undeviating scores of 3-0 across the board.

Until 2006, the men’s basketball team had a 24-year unbeaten streak in the weathered gymnasium. While the volleyball team may have inherited some of the magic, Monday’s match did not seem magical. Despite the Hoyas’ three consecutive wins over the Bisons, the three victories did not come easily. Georgetown struggled to pull off tense sets, winning all three by small margins of 25-23, 27-25 and 25-20.

“Howard is an average competitor, but very, very scrappy,” Head Coach Arlisa Williams said. “We came out a little bit flatter than I would’ve liked. . We just need to be a little more crisp in every situation we’re in. But the fact that we won game one, fought back a couple game points in game two, and finished the match winning 3-0. I’m happy. It’s a win.”

The Hoyas took a lead in the first game, but Howard was able to tie the score at 19. Junior right side hitter Kiersten McKoy, however, led the Hoyas to eke out the win.

“They were returning balls that no other team we’ve played so far would have been able to,” Williams said. “Next thing I knew, the score was tied, but our players did everything to push back strong . and they did.”

Georgetown jumped out in the second set, but Howard would not give up and soon turned the game around as the Hoyas’ 9-5 lead slowly dissolved. The rest of the set proved neck-and-neck up until the end, but the Hoyas finished with another close win.

Led by Maloy’s powerful kills, the Hoya offense was able to maintain a lead throughout the third set, rendering Howard defenseless. The Hoyas wrapped up the match, winning 25-20.

Leading Georgetown were freshman outside hitter Sara Manley with 14 kills and junior outside hitter Jessica Hardy and senior middle blocker Kit Niesen with 11 kills each. The Hoyas had a hitting percentage of .305 compared to the Bisons’ .213.

When asked if the winning streak in McDonough Gymnasium could possibly be explained by the Georgetown fan support at home, Williams seemed doubtful.

“I would love to say it’s due to the fans, but we just don’t have that many,” she said. “Hopefully, we can change that. . I think that it’s more us enjoying being at home and defending our home turf.”

This opportunity for fans to come cheer on the team is quickly approaching. This weekend marks the Big East opening game at home against DePaul on Friday at 7 p.m. Williams said she and the team are excited to kick off the Big East season with the match, followed by another game on Sunday at 2 p.m. against Notre Dame.