A violent robbery transformed an M Street parking lot into a crime scene Saturday night, after an assailant left a parking attendant with multiple injuries that required him to be taken to Georgetown University Hospital.

The victim, who wished to remain anonymous, was working as an attendant in the parking lot between Vietnamese restaurant Miss Saigon and the Old Stone House. Around 9:15 p.m. the victim was approached by the suspect, who had recently parked a car in the lot. The suspect said he was having technical problems with his car, according to the Metropolitan Police Department incident report. The report said that the victim tried to help the suspect start the car, a silver Pontiac four-door sedan with Maryland license plates.

After the victim successfully started the car, the attacker displayed a metal object, which the victim said was possibly a hammer, and used it to strike the victim in the head, knocking him to the ground.

“When he hit me, he didn’t tell me anything,” the victim said. “I was trying to defend myself. He was really strong. He turned to hit me again and again. The blood was all over my body and head. The fourth time he hit me, I yelled out. y face was very bloody.”

The victim said that the assailant then demanded money from him.

“He asked me to give him the money. I gave him everything I had. I gave him the money from my right pocket,” the victim said. “He asked me about the money in the [attendant] booth, and I told him there wasn’t any [money] in the booth.”

The attacker took $700 from the victim before driving off in the car, making a right turn onto M Street, according to the report.

According to the victim, after getting to his feet he approached a Homeland Security police officer who was nearby and asked for help. Several MPD cars arrived on the scene shortly afterward, followed by an ambulance, the victim said.

The victim was then taken to Georgetown University Hospital and was treated for head and facial injuries, including a scalp laceration and a bruise on the right elbow, according to the MPD report. He was released later that night.

“I thought I was dying [at the time of the incident],” the victim said. “Now I am okay, I just feel burning in the place where he hit me in my head.”

The suspect is described in the report as a black male with a light complexion, aged 28 to 30 years old. He is approximately six feet tall and was wearing jeans, a gray coat and a hat of unknown color at the time of the attack. The Metropolitan Police Department has not identified the victim but is investigating the incident.