Sport: Soccer

Position: Forward

Hometown: Avon Lake, OH

High School: Avon Lake H.S.

School/Year: MSB ’02

High School Highlights: Four-year starter … Four-year leading goal scorer … Four-time All-Conference selection … Two-time All-State selection … Conference MVP senior year … Holds career records for goals and assists

Georgetown Highlights: Wednesday against West Virginia scored game-tying goal with 45 seconds remaining in regulation, then scored game-winner in overtime … Named Big East Freshman of the Week two consecutive weeks for scoring game-winning goal against Villanova in overtime and scoring the second goal in back-to-back games to put them out of reach

Do you have any siblings? One sister named Sara, age 20. One brother named Tom, age 17.

If you could name a line of soccer cleats, what would you call them? Schnike? I have no idea what I would name them.

Favorite Quote: “They messed with the bull and got the horns, baby!” – Mark Manning

Favorite Team: Cleveland Indians

Favorite Athlete: Michael Jordan

What do you think about Jordan’s return? Should he have come back or not and why? I am really excited that MJ is coming back! I am especially excited that he will be playing right here in D.C. There is a good chance that he won’t retire again with any more championships under his belt, but I know that I can’t wait to watch him play again. He may be older, but he is still Michael Jordan.

What is your favorite restaurant to eat at in Washington, D.C.? Cactus Cantina [because of] the fajitas and `ritas.

Who is or has been your favorite professor at Georgetown? Will Wilson. Business Finance and Management. He is very entertaining and has all these crazy tirades he goes on and conspiracy theories. Also, he claims to own a racehorse named “Stormbroker.” Whether that’s true or not depends.

If you were given a million dollars tomorrow, what is the first thing you would do with it? I would invest it so I could make more money. However, in light of the recent events I would probably pay off my school loans and my brother’s and sister’s. Then I would donate the rest to aid in the recovery of Sept. 11.

Have you ever met anyone famous, and if so, who, where, and what happened? I have met a few pro basketball players and soccer players. One time a professional soccer player from D.C. United came to a party at G.U. and one of my friends followed him around all night, asking him for his autograph. He finally got it at the end of the night.

If you could own and operate any type of business, what would it be and why? I would love to own and run a bunch of bars, restaurants and night clubs, because there would be a lot of fun to go along with the hard work.

Do you play or have you ever played an instrument? If so, what is it, how old were you, and why did you quit? First, I played the trumpet starting in fifth grade. Then I had to quit in seventh grade and start playing the baritone because I had gotten braces. The mouth piece [on the trumpet] was too small, so I had to switch. In eighth grade, when I got my braces off, I went back to the trumpet and then quit before high school. Too much practicing.

What is the biggest personal sacrifice you have ever had to make for a team or sporting event? Junior year [of high school] I had to miss my prom to play in a college showcase soccer tournament. It turned out to be worth it, because Keith Tabatznik, our coach [at Georgetown] first saw me play at that tournament. Also, I had to give up basketball in high school to concentrate on soccer. That was really hard.

If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, famous or not, who would it be and why? I would like to hang out with Jay and Silent Bob for a day. It would be non-stop laughs and a lot of sitting around, two things I like a lot.

What is your best childhood memory? Hitting the game-ending winning home run to put our Little League team in the City League World Series. It was extra special because I had hit one earlier in the game, but was called out for missing second base.

What is your worst childhood memory? When the house next to ours burnt down in the middle of the night. My good friend lived there at the time. Everyone was OK, though.

Would you ever go bungee jumping? Why or why not? Yes, I would go bungee jumping. I think it would be unbelievably exciting to be falling for such a long time (of course, without injury).

How did you get into soccer? How old were you and who got you involved? I was three years old when my parents enrolled me in icro Soccer at the local YMCA. I have been playing ever since.

What is your preferred type of soccer ball? The game ball that we use, which I believe is an Adidas Gamarada.

What is under your bed right now? Monsters.

In the Spolight Sean Peterson (9/21)