Hometown: Dublin, Ohio High School: Dublin Coffman High School School: SFS ’03 Sports: Cross Country, Track

High School Stats: Cross country captain and MVP … Track MVP … All-State in cross country, two-mile run … State meet two-mile winner … All-American in cross country, 5,000-meters … Placed eigth at Footlocker cross country Nationals … Winner of 5,000-meters at Junior Nationals … Holds school record in two-mile run.

Georgetown Stats: Won ECAC 5,000-meter indoor race … Qualified for outdoor nationals in 10,000-meters … Member of cross country team that placed seventh at nationals … Cross country All-American … NCAA provisional qualifier in 3,000- and 5,000-meter indoor races.

Favorite Team: Ohio State Buckeyes football team

Favorite Athlete: Michael Johnson

If you could play against any other GU athlete who would it be? Dan Tebbano, a track member. We had a bet that he had to beat me by less than a minute in the 3,000-meters. I lost and had to bake him cookies. I want a rematch.

Favorite Quote: “Some succeed because they are destined to, most succeed because they are determined to.” – Anatole Fran

If you could be anyone else besides yourself, who would it be and why? Regina Jacobs. I admire her because at age 36 she still broke the American record in the 5,000-meter run at the Olympic trials in Sacramento. I saw her and she was really inspiring.

If you could name a line of running shoes, what would you call them? R.D.D. – Running Down a Dream

If you could be great at any sport besides running, what would it be? Gymnastics, because I don’t think I could do all the skills they do. I don’t have the coordination.

Favorite Movie: Good Will Hunting

What is or has been your favorite class at Georgetown? Texts and Contexts with Professor Kent. We got to make our own movie at the end of the year. It was fun and different.

What is under your bed right now? Running clothes in boxes

Do you find roller coasters scary or exciting? Exciting – unless they’re upside down.

New South or Darnall? Darnall because of the milkshake machine

If you could meet one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why? Princess Diana. I remember reading about her when I was younger. I find her intriguing.

What is the biggest obstacle that you have had to overcome? Last summer I had to overcome an injury. I had a stress fracture in the top of my femur. I couldn’t run from May until August. It was hard physically and mentally not being able to run.

What is your worst fear? Failure.

What is the craziest thing you have had to do for cross country or track? I had to fly from my state track meet to my graduation in a helicopter to make it on time.

What is the farthest place that you have traveled to? Tromso, Norway. I went with my family through a foreign exchange program when I was seven.

What are you most looking forward to in your last two years in college? Running fast, strengthening and making friendships, and having fun before I hit the real world.

What is your favorite television show? “Temptation Island.” I’ve gotten hooked. I can’t wait for the next show.

Interview by John-Paul Hezel.