The Georgetown field hockey team ended its season Wednesday afternoon with a 2-1 loss to Villanova on Kehoe Field. The Hoyas, who ended the 1997 campaign ranked nationally, finished the season with [an overall record of 7-8](http://www.thehoya.com/sports/hoyas-deck-cards/). Wednesday, the Wildcats jumped out to a 1-0 lead as Katie Craig scored with 31:22 remaining in the first period. She was assisted by Mary Krauss. With 18:20 left, sophomore Caitlin McLean scored off of a feed from junior Lori Fogliano to tie the game at one apiece. After eight minutes of scoreless action, Villanova’s Nicole Dimaggio scored the game-winner unassisted. Georgetown goaltender Lori Sousa turned away eight shots while her Villanova counterpart Sarah Wiggin saved five. The Hoyas lost despite outshooting the Wildcats 10-8 (5-2 in the second period) and holding a 6-1 advantage in penalty corners. On the season, Sarah Oglesby led the team in goals with eight. She also led the team in points with 17. McLean was second in both goals and points with seven and 14, respectively, while Beth Doty was the team leader in assists with five. Sousa ended the season with an 81.4% save percentage and a 2.23 goals against average.