The Georgetown men’s golf team played this past weekend at the Fighting Irish Gridiron Classic, hosted by Notre Dame at Warren Golf Course in South Bend, Ind. The Hoyas finished in 15th place, posting a 54-hole score of 924, which is 84-over par.

The team was led by junior Brandon Ellis, who tied for 53rd with an 18-over 228, and by sophomore Brian Dorfman, who posted a 19-over 229, which was good for 57th place. Senior Vincenzo Salina tied for 65th place with a 23-over par 233. Sophomore Taylor Hall played fourth, finishing 77th and freshman Brad Cadigan, finished in 82nd place.

While the Hoyas were not impressed with their performance, they were honored to be part of such a prestigious event. Dorfman addressed specifically the fierce competition.

“We were looking forward to playing at Notre Dame,” he said. “It is one of the best and most competitive tournaments of the season with a ton of top schools and great players. The course conditions were tough and while we didn’t play our best, it was still great to be there.”

Notre Dame came in first with a 54-hole score of 30-over par, followed by Ohio State, finishing four strokes behind with an 874. Arkansas took third place with a 38-over par 878. The medalist for the tournament was Notre Dame senior Josh Sandman, who turned in an impressive two-over par 212.

Coming off a last-place performance, the Hoyas are looking forward to hosting their upcoming tournament, the Georgetown Intercollegiate at Four Streams Golf Club in Beallsville, Md., on Oct. 19.