The Georgetown football is looking to extend its win streak this weekend as the Hoyas take to the gridiron against the Peacocks of St. Peter’s. The Hoyas have won four consecutive games and enter the contest with a 6-1 overall record, 5-1 in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference. The Peacocks are 0-6 overall and 0-4 in the MAAC. The key for Georgetown this weekend will be to stay focused after last weekend, according to Head Coach Bob Benson. “It’s an important game because we have to win it to have a shot at the conference,” Benson said. “We’ve got smart guys and there’s not much that has to be said.” Georgetown is coming off of [a hard-fought victory over MAAC league rival and championship contender Duquesne](http://www.thehoya.com/sports/football-gets-first-win-at-duquesne/). The Hoyas got stellar performances from junior quarterback J.J. Mont and senior inside linebacker Mike Melchionda, who led the team on offense and defense, respectively. Mont finished the game with 258 yards passing, completing 18 of 30 passes, and Melchionda picked off three passes and registered four tackles. The Hoyas are going to need another strong game from the offense this weekend against the Peacocks. Leading the way will be sophomore senior wide receiver Matt Mattimore and sophomore wide receiver Gharun Hester. attimore, who, last weekend, played in his first game since Holy Cross, led Georgetown on offense with 131 yards on 6 receptions. Hester, who has caught 33 passes for 570 yards this season, is leading the MAAC in individual receiving yards through last week’s game. Against Duquesne, Hester pulled down just three catches for 33 yards. Though St. Peter’s has not won a game this season, it has not allowed teams to run up the score. The Peacocks have held their opponents to under 34 points this season. Defensively, Georgetown, ranked second in Division I-AA in team pass efficiency defense, will again be led by a core group of seniors: Melchionda, inside linebacker Anthony Pizirusso, [strong safety Brian Dwyer](http://www.thehoya.com/sports/leader-of-the-pack/), free safety Anthony Bartolomeo and defensive end Mike Halen. This group has accounted for just under half of the Hoyas’ total tackles this season and is a key reason that Georgetown is ranked sixth in Division I-AA in team scoring defense. The Hoyas are only allowing opponents an average of 13.9 points per game. “Hopefully we can rid of turnovers completely,” Benson said. “And we’ve done a pretty good job of not giving up the big plays.” The defense needs to remain sharp against St. Peter’s who, despite its record, could present an offensive challenge because of coaching, according to Benson. “They do as good a job as anybody, putting teams in to bust your chops a little bit,” Benson said. “They probably had the best offensive game plan against us last year and they do a great job preparing and putting new schemes in.” The Peacocks will run an option-offense, which the Hoyas have not seen in recent weeks. St. Peter’s will utilize the skills of sophomore tailback Sylvester Miller, who is the Peacocks’ “best player,” according to Benson. iller rushed for 227 yards last season and had 222 yards receiving. Overall, the game against St. Peter’s is critical for Georgetown if it wants to remain in the hunt for a second consecutive MAAC title. Right now, the championship could come down to either Fairfield or Georgetown. [The Hoyas lost to the Stags, 24-17, on Sept. 26](http://www.thehoya.com/sports/fairfield-fights-back-gives-gu-first-loss/). But Benson’s squad will not be thinking championships of titles on Saturday. “Anyone can beat anyone on a given day,” Benson said. “We talked about Temple beating Virginia Tech and you just want to make sure that you take care of your own business.