Georgetown 91, Howard 66

Senior guard Ron Williamson, who led the Bison against the Hoyas on Dec. 20, scored a game-high 25 points, giving him over 1,000 points in his career at Howard. Despite his individual accolades, the Bison failed to improve upon a competitive first half and a seven-point halftime deficit.

After 20 minutes, the Hoyas led 44-37 but jumped to a permanent double-digit lead when Howard scored only eight points in the first ten minutes of the second half.

Junior forward Mike Sweetney had his conference-leading 26th career double-double, with 23 points and 15 rebounds. Senior center Wesley Wilson had nine rebounds and 13 points in just 15 minutes of play.

“I think that was the best game we’ve played so far,” Head Coach Craig Esherick said. “[Wilson] played his best game of the season.”

Virginia 79, Georgetown 75

The Cavaliers handed the Hoyas their first loss of the season at University Hall on Dec. 28.

Virginia held a six-point lead at the half, which widened to 13 points with just less than six minutes remaining in the game. But Georgetown rallied with a 16-2 run, taking a 71-70 lead on a Wilson free throw with 3:36 left.

The Hoyas failed to cling to their narrow lead and two quick scores by Elton Brown and Travis Watson, who scored 16 points on the night despite a sprained ankle, put the Cavs ahead for good.

Both a sore hamstring and foul trouble caused problems for Sweetney, who played only 15 minutes and scored just 11 points. Junior forward Gerald Riley led Georgetown with 19 points in a season-high 32 minutes on the court.

Georgetown 85, VMI 48

The Hoyas rebounded well from their first setback of the season and never trailed against the Keydets on Dec. 31 at MCI Center.

Sweetney had 23 points and five blocks but missed his 27th career double-double by a single rebound. Freshman guard Ashanti Cook contributed a career-high 15 points.

Georgetown held VMI to 24 percent shooting. The Keydets played without sophomore Jason Conley, who strained a tendon in his right foot in an earlier victory over Harvard.

VMI missed nine of its first 10 shots and went 7-for-35 for the first half. The Hoyas held the Keydets without a field goal for the final 8:53 of the game.