Georgetown will be looking for its ninth Big East win when it faces Notre Dame for the second time this season.

The Fighting Irish boast a starting lineup with two players shooting over 40 percent from beyond the arc in sophomore guard Colin Falls (42.0 three-point percentage) and junior guard Chris Quinn (43.9 three-point percentage).

Notre Dame has two solid upperclassman leaders in senior captain Chris Thomas (14.0 points and 6.5 assists per game) and junior center Torin Francis (8.7 points and 7.8 rebounds per game).

Georgetown knows what is in store when it travels to South Bend, Ind., this week as it has already played Notre Dame this season. Georgetown downed Notre Dame 55-54 earlier this season in a hard-fought contest that ended on a buzzer-beating dunk by freshman center Roy Hibbert.

Since then, Notre Dame has been almost unbeatable at home. Notre Dame, which has lost twice on its home court, knocked off previously unbeaten then-No. 4 Boston College a week ago.

All season the Hoyas have relied on the leadership, scoring and defense supplied by the junior tandem of guard Ashanti Cook (11.5 points per game with a 39.3 three-point percentage) and Brandon Bowman (15.3 points and 6.7 rebounds per game).

With the Notre Dame three-point offense, the key to this game will be to limit second-chance offensive opportunities for the Irish. Jeff Green is Georgetown’s leading rebounder with 7.2 boards per game, and he will need to deliver on Wednesday. Against the West Virginia Mountaineers Green scored 21 points and grabbed 9 rebounds, and on the season he has racked up five double-doubles. The Hoyas will need a similar effort from Green to have a shot at winning this tough road game.

Another matchup to watch will be Notre Dame’s Thomas against Hoya freshman point guard Jonathon Wallace. When the Irish have the ball, Wallace’s defense will have to contain Thomas. Thomas is the leading scorer for the Fighting Irish, yet he has been outshined at times by Falls and Quinn. Thomas, much like Cook and Bowman for the Hoyas, will need to play well in order for his team to win what will be an extremely close game.

Georgetown Head Coach John Thompson III will have to keep the starters fresh in the hostile environment of the Joyce Convention Center, which he can achieve with his technique of substitution.

By the second half, when most of the starters are starting to wear down and pick up fouls, Thompson subs in some of his reserves on defense and then quickly subs his starters back into the game. Typically, freshman swingman Tyler Crawford and sophomore guard Ray Reed are substituted in for Cook, Bowman or Hibbert.

Georgetown’s biggest win on the road this season came on the first game of conference play against then-No. 16 Pittsburgh at the Peterson Center on Jan. 5.

Cook and Bowman will need to silence the Notre Dame crowd early if they hope to pull off the upset. Hoya fans can watch the game on ESPNClassic, one of the few Georgetown games on national television this season.

Tip-off is at 8 p.m. E.S.T.