The Georgetown men’s and women’s tennis teams had another successful tournament at the Old Point Bank Invitational last weekend at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Va.

Sophomore Andy Clayton and freshman Scott Maucher teamed up to win the championship for flight C doubles. They earned three victories on the way to the final match, in which they defeated the team of sophomores Djan Gusmao and Mehrban Iranshad from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County with a score of 8-2.

The championship was Maucher’s second of the season. He previously earned a singles title in the D.C. Metropolitan Collegiate Championship.

Junior Alex Wright won three matches, advancing to the semifinals. Sophomore Kevin Killeavy also won three matches after losing in the first round.

Five players on the men’s team added singles wins to give the team an 11-10 overall record.

All of the players on the women’s team earned at least one singles win each in the tournament. They had a 14-11 overall record.

Liz Winokur, a freshman, led the Hoyas with three singles victories in flight B-2. She earned a come-from-behind win over Richmond’s Courtney Klein in the quarterfinals. After losing the second set and falling behind in the third set, Winokur scored seven points in a row to win the match (6-3, 5-7, 10-8). The next day she fell 6-1, 6-0, in her semifinal match against Barbara Costa from Old Dominion.

Sophomore Eileen Boyle and junior Michelle DiCocco each earned two singles wins over the weekend but fell in the quarterfinals.

The doubles pair of sophomore Nora Gardner and freshman Maddie Long also won twice, putting them in the semifinals.

The final event of the fall for both the men and the women is the ITA Regional Singles and Doubles Championships. The top players from each team will represent Georgetown at the tournament this weekend at the University of Pennsylvania.