VOLLEYBALL Hoyas Down G.W. In Straight Sets By Mike Hume Hoya Staff Writer

Gabe Cappelli/The Hoya Georgetown extended its win-streak to four straight Sunday.

The Georgetown women’s volleyball team defeated cross-town opponent George Washington in straight sets Sunday to extend its winning streak to four games and improve its record to 12-6 on the season. George Washington falls to 4-13.

Junior outside hitter Lauren Warner recorded a double-double, posting 14 kills to go with her 10 digs. Senior outside hitter Yulia Vtyurina led all players with a match-high 15 kills.

Freshman middle blocker Sara Albert tallied five blocks to lead all players and also added seven digs. Also contributing for the Hoyas were sophomore setter Jen Ward, who accumulated 29 assists over the course of the match and junior middle blocker Anna Kleinsorge, who had a hitting percentage of .474 with nine kills and zero errors in 19 attempts.

Georgetown performed well as a team, posting a .333 hitting percentage on 49 kills and only 12 errors as the Hoyas cruised to victory. George Washington faltered offensively, turning in a hitting percentage of .085 while committing 28 errors in 117 attempts.

The Hoyas continue their schedule today against the University of Virginia. Following the match against the Cavaliers, the Hoyas will embark upon a five-game stretch of their schedule during which they will face five Big East teams. Georgetown (6-1 in the Big East) is second in the conference to No. 19 Notre Dame. The Hoyas hope to redeem themselves, after losing in four sets to the first-place Irish earlier this year.