Hoya Transitions to New Staff

The Hoya published its first issue today after transitioning to a new editorial and publishing staff for the spring semester Saturday.

Ian Scoville (COL ’19), the executive editor for the fall semester, began his yearlong term to serve as the 144th editor-in-chief of The Hoya, taking over from Toby Hung (COL ’18).

Scoville said he is eager to oversee The Hoya’s continued development across media platforms.

“I am excited to continue building on our success transitioning to an online daily publication, not only by providing readers with new and engaging forms of content, but by developing an even more inclusive culture that more accurately reflects the diversity of the Georgetown community,” Scoville said.

Maya Gandhi (SFS ’20), who served as opinion editor in the fall, and Christian Paz (COL ’19), who served as news editor, will take Scoville’s and Marina Tian’s (NHS ’19) places as executive editors for a semesterlong term. Gandhi said she is excited to continue working with the staff of The Hoya.

“Working with the staff of The Hoya has always been such an immensely educational and rewarding experience, and I’m excited to continue seeing the results of their hard work,” Gandhi said.

Paz said he is committed to maintaining The Hoya’s high standards for reporting.

“Providing this campus with accurate and fair coverage is an honor,” Paz said. “We will continue our sterling work and diligent reporting while being first to report breaking news as it happens.”

Emma Wenzinger (COL ’19), who served as copy chief in the fall, will serve as the new managing editor for the upcoming semester. Wenzinger said she is eager to assist continuing The Hoya’s expansion.

“After successfully shifting our focus toward our online presence this semester, I look forward to continuing to find ways to reach the Georgetown and larger D.C. community,” Wenzinger said.

Sagar Anne (MSB ’19), who was director of sales in the fall, will serve in the general manager position for a yearlong term, replacing Daniel Almeida (MSB ’18).

“The success The Hoya has had this past year has been phenomenal. Every day has been seen as an opportunity to engage with the Georgetown community, and our content has done nothing short of pleasing the readers. I look forward to working with The Hoya for another amazing year,” Anne said.

Tian will will begin her semesterlong term as chair of the board of directors until April 2017, taking over from Matthew Trunko (MSB ’18).

“It has been such a privilege and experience being a part of The Hoya, and I’m looking forward to further improving our institution as we move toward our centennial.”