Georgetown’s swimming and diving teams were on the road again this past weekend as the Hoyas traveled to face the St. Bonaventure Bonnies in western New York. This was their second head-to-head meet of the spring season as the teams continue their preparation for the Big East championship in February.

Both the men’s and women’s teams succumbed to defeat over the weekend, with the men’s team losing 183-114 and the women being defeated 175-112. There were some individual highlights, however, as the Hoyas ended up with six first-place results and 14 second-place finishes.

There were four victorious swimmers and one diver for the Hoyas. Wes Going and Dan Robinson were victorious in the 200-yard breaststroke and the 500-yard freestyle, respectively. Freshman Victor Lopez-Cantera emerged triumphant in both the 100-yard and 200-yard butterfly with times of 52.74 and 1.55:49. Fellow freshman Gordon Peeler won the 100-yard freestyle, recording a time of 50.07. On the women’s team, sophomore Caitlin Karniski won the three-yard dive putting up a score of 238.28.

Georgetown also had numerous second-place finishers on both teams. Three Hoyas managed to finish second in two events. Freshman Chris Finnegan finished runner-up in both the 500-yard and 1000-yard freestyle, earning times of 4:59.58 and 10:16.18. Sophomore Mallory Kiplinger was second in the 100-yard freestyle and 200-yard individual medley with times of 54.45 and 2:16.02, respectively. Finally, freshman Kristen Pratt achieved two second-place finishes in the 200-yard butterfly and 500-yard freestyle.

There were other notable performers for the Hoyas including junior Lindsay Vickroy, who managed to record a time of 25.95 in the 50-yard freestyle. Senior Katelyn O’Connor achieved a time of 2:17.34 in the 200-yard backstroke, while Laura Stark swam a 1:01.57 in the 100-yard butterfly as she finished runner-up. Also, freshman Rob Gokey finished second in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 51.12.

The women’s divers managed two second-place finishes for their part. Karniski was the runner-up in the one-yard dive and sophomore Rebecca Jenkinson placed second in the three-yard dive.

Overall, the meet gave the Hoyas an opportunity to tune up for the Big East next month. They return to campus for their last home meet next weekend to host Connecticut at Yates Field House on Sat., Jan. 31, at 1:00 p.m.