Although the Georgetown women’s and men’s swimming and diving teams finished fourth and sixth respectively out of eight schools at the Patriot League Invitational this weekend at George Mason in Fairfax, Va., the Hoyas continued to pile up Big East qualifying times and break season records.

Over the weekend, Georgetown set 138 team records for the season and had 13 new qualifiers for the Big East Championships, bringing the program’s total to 28. Last year, the Hoyas only qualified 24 swimmers and divers for the conference championship.

On the women’s side, senior Caitlin Colling led the Hoyas, finishing seventh in the 100yd freestyle. Her time of 52.78 was an all-time school record. Colling came in seventh in the 200yd medley and ninth in the 50yd freestyle.

Freshman Mallory Kiplinger also swam well for Georgetown, racing to freshman records in the 100yd and 200yd freestyle. Kiplinger was sixth in the 200yd freestyle, 11th in the 100yd freestyle and 13th in the 500yd freestyle.

Sophomore Laura Alito came in fourth place in the 100yd backstroke and the 100yd butterfly, and added a 14th-place finish in the 200yd butterfly to round up a solid weekend.

Freshmen divers Caitlin Karniski and Rebecca Jenkinson led the Hoya divers. Karniski posted fifth and sixth place finishes in the one and three meter diving events respectively, and Jenkinson placed eighth in the one meter and seventh in the three meter.

Georgetown finished with 453 points, well behind the top three finishers. George Mason secured first with 815 points, while the University of Maryland, Baltimore County and UNC-Wilmington split second place with 804.5 points each.

The Hoya men had a strong showing from the freshman class despite the sixth place finish.

First-year Thomas Graham came in seventh in the 100yd backstroke, and his time of 1:00.72 set a Georgetown freshman record. In the 200yd backstroke, Graham and classmate Kevin Taylor came in 14th and 12th place, respectively. Freshman Hamilton Jordan came in seventh in the 200yd butterfly.

Junior Goran Bistric came in fourth place in three events – the 200yd backstroke, the 100yd butterfly and the 100yd backstroke.

Junior Michael McWilliams came in third in the one meter diving event and was seventh off the three meter diving board.

With 311 points, Georgetown was seven and a half points behind fifth-place finisher UNC-Wilmington. UMBC ran away with first, posting more than double any other school with 1305 points.

Next up for Georgetown is a home date with Big East foe Villanova after a two-week layoff on Dec. 1. The meet begins at 1 p.m. in the McCarthy Pool.