Cold weather and unfriendly rain plagued the Georgetown women’s golf team this week, as the Hoyas hosted the Hoya Invitational at the Member’s Club at Four Streams in Maryland. Despite the home-course advantage, Georgetown placed fifth in the fourteen-team field, behind the winning Princeton Tigers.

In Monday morning’s first round, Georgetown was led by junior Carly Hunt, who opened the tournament with a solid round of 2-over par 74. Freshman Christine Curley came in two strokes behind her, posting a round of 4-over 76. Junior Chelsea Curtis and freshman Katie Dwyer rounded out the Hoya foursome, turning in rounds of 79 and 84, respectively. The women’s combined team score of 22-over par 310 put them in a tie for first place with Princeton heading into the second round.

Steady afternoon rains diminished the Hoyas’ stellar first round showing, as the women struggled in the afternoon. Hunt again led the pack with a round of 75, leaving her tied for first place as an individual. Curley posted a second round of 7-over 79, bringing her two-round total to 155 and leaving her in a tie for 11th place at the end of day one. Despite the soggy conditions, Curtis managed to improve on her first round score, posting a 5-over 77, giving her a total of 156 for the day and a spot in 15th place.

Women’s Coach Patty Post said that the weather was tough to deal with, but may have been a good diversion from the long day.

“I think the weather provided a good distracter,” Post said. “This was our first day playing 36 holes in one day this spring. I think the girls just fatigued throughout the day, as to be expected.”

Georgetown ended day one in a tie for fourth place, 11 stokes back from the pacesetters, Yale.

The third round again proved difficult for the Hoyas, as they dropped down in the team standings for a fifth place finish. Curtis led Georgetown on Tuesday, posting her lowest round of the tournament, a 5-over 77 that secured her ninth place.

Hunt’s high round for the tournament, a 7-over 79, dropped her down to sixth place in the individual standings, seven shots back from the tournament’s individual winner, Princeton’s Susannah Aboff.

Despite Hunt’s drop in the standings, Post was pleased the junior’s performance.

“Carly’s goal was to win this tournament,” Post said. “I was very proud of her and happy for her. She put herself in great position after day one and being that she hasn’t been in that position before I thought she played great.”

Curley and Dwyer rounded out the team, shooting final rounds of 84 and 85. Curley’s play in particular stood out to Post. “Christine Curley had her best finish of the year,” she said. “This is the type of play she is capable of . and we hope this continues to be her trend for our last few tournaments.”

The Hoyas’ combined team score of 950 put them 32 shots back from the tournament’s winner, Princeton.

“I thought fifth place would be a solid performance, but I think we were capable of being in fourth or third,” Post said of her team’s finish as hosts of the tournament.

Georgetown will take to the links this weekend at the Columbia Invitational in New York.