The Georgetown women’s volleyball team significantly improved its Big East record this weekend as it defeated both Providence College and Boston College. The two wins brought the Hoyas to 3-6 in the conference (8-16 overall); however, the push could be too little too late when it comes to making it into the Big East tournament.

On Saturday, Georgetown traveled to Providence College to take on the Friars. Providence did not manage to take one game from its guests as Georgetown won in three straight games, 30-22, 30-26, 30-28.

The Friars’ lack of offensive potency and scoring ability allowed Georgetown to make quick work of the contest. Sophomore outside hitter Ashley Lancaster was out of the lineup again, remaining sidelined with a sprained foot she injured two weeks ago, but her absence was not as severely felt as it had been in past matches.

Junior middle blocker Sara Albert was the mainstay on the team, putting up 11 kills to go with eight digs and three blocks. Freshman middle blocker Annie Connor had one of her most impressive games in her young career, also putting up 11 kills along with a single block. The 11 kills gave Connor a .562 hitting percentage to lead the team.

Junior setter Margaret Vernon, who played the majority of the match, had a match-high 27 assists along with four digs.

The Friars’ failed attack was led by junior middle blocker Ayana Cadres who had a match-high 12 kills along with five digs. Her efforts could not help the Friars overcome the discrepancy in hitting percentages. Georgetown hit .172 on the match, and Providence could only manage .082.

After the victory on Saturday, the Hoyas moved north to Boston College to take on the Eagles. In one of the final Big East matches between the two schools, Georgetown defeated B.C. in 4 games, 32-30, 30-20, 21-30, 30-20.

The first game was a battle, with the Eagles forcing a tie, but the Hoyas eventually emerged triumphant with a two-point edge.

The contest marked the best game of freshman middle blocker Jennifer Fountain’s career. Fountain had a match-high 17 kills, made more impressive by her five digs and four blocks.

The rest of the team also had dominant performances as sophomore outside hitter Rachel Nelson had her eighth double-double of the season with 12 kills and 18 digs. Junior middle blocker Sara Albert also put up double-digit stats with 10 kills to go along with three aces and six blocks.

Boston College’s losing effort was led by freshman middle blocker Alison Shepp, who had 15 kills and three blocks. Shepp’s kill total was matched by fellow a freshman, outside hitter Allison Anderson, who also had 15 kills along with six blocks.

The victorious weekend was a big boost for the Hoyas, who will see if they can keep their momentum going as they play host to two more Big East rivals this coming weekend. On Saturday, Georgetown takes on Seton Hall. The Hoyas play Sunday against Rutgers. Both matches are scheduled for 5 p.m.