GU Splits Up For 3 Meets in Maryland

By Sarah Walsh Hoya Staff Writer

It was a busy weekend for the Georgetown sailing team, which sent squads to compete in three regattas in Maryland.

The women’s squad finished in seventh place with 199 points at the St. Mary’s Intersectional. Senior Liz Bent and sophomore Dana Scalere contributed 80 points in the A division while sophomores Baye Emery and Paige Black added 119 points in the B division.

Dartmouth won the event with 120 points, Boston University came in second with 128 points, and Harvard/Radcliffe grabbed third place with 134 points.

The Hoyas also sent a coed squad to compete at the Truxton Umsted hosted by the Naval Academy. With 545 points, Georgetown finished fifth out of twenty, one of their best finishes ever at this event.

Sophomore John Camera and freshman Leah Williams posted 167 points for ninth place in the A division, while freshmen Brian Bissell and sophomore Kate Hewson added 135 points and a fifth-place finish in the B division.

Sophomore Ryan Costello posted 136 points for sixth place in the C division and sophomore Raoul Magana finished in fifth place with 107 points in the D division.

The Hoyas also finished fifth out of six teams at the Salisbury State Invitational, losing to Christopher Newport, Hampton, host Salisbury State, and Washington College.

Freshmen Pat Donegan and Elizabeth Rockman competed in the A division while sophomore Alex Barker and freshemen Christine Fleury and junior Matt Lennon competed in the B division.