Georgetown ranks 15th in the nation among schools with partners in top accounting firms, according to a report published this spring and recently distributed by the business school. Bowman’s Accounting Report, an Atlanta-based publication, listed in May the top 50 universities with partners at the nation’s leading accounting companies. The schools are ranked by the number of graduates who hold partnerships in the nation’s top accounting companies. Then known as the Big Six, the group is currently the Big Five, composed of Arthur Andersen, Deloitte and Touche, Ernst and Young, KPMG Peat Marwick, and PricewaterhouseCoopers. Coopers and Lybrand was the 6th firm in the Big 6 until it merged with Price Waterhouse last year. With 118 alumni as partners in these firms, Georgetown fell in at No. 15, between the University of Wisconsin-Madison and UCLA. Leading the nation was New York University, with 249 partners, followed by the University of Pennsylvania with 233. Ranked below Georgetown were many schools with larger business programs, including Michigan State, Stanford, the University of Chicago and Florida State. Locally, the University of Virginia came in at 28, Maryland at 30 and George Washington at 35. Faculty in the McDonough School of Business found the news particularly gratifying, especially given the school’s small size in relation to those at other ranked universities. Georgetown has approximately only 1400 business undergraduates, as well as a relatively young MBA program. Since its inception in 1981, the Georgetown MBA has increased its annual enrollment from 31 to around 300. That number still pales in comparison to many “MBA-mill” schools, such as NYU, Cornell, and Maryland according to Assistant Professor J. Scott Whisenant. The ranking makes clear the quality ofGeorgetown’s accounting students, as well as of the program itself, he said. “Does it matter where you get a degree?” Whisenant asked rhetorically. “Yes.