GU Finishes Seventh at Invitational

The Lady Hoyas headed to Daytona Beach, Fla., from Oct. 8 to 10 to compete in the Xavier Invitational at the LPGA International Course.

The Blue and Gray’s final score of 934 tied them for seventh place with Florida Atlantic University. Daytona State College finished in first place 40 strokes ahead of the Hoyas, followed by the University of Montana and Xavier.

After the first two rounds of play, the Georgetown team found itself in eighth with junior captains Joan Dulieu and Eunae Jo leading the way. Dulieu was in ninth with a score of 7-over par 151 and Jo was 16th with a score of 10-over par 154 at the end of the second round. After the first two rounds freshman Alice Choi was tied for 31st, junior Jordan Redfield was tied for 50th place and freshman Audrey Dalton was tied for 68th.

“Our first round wasn’t our best round, but we came back with a better round,” Head Coach Patty Post said.

After a mediocre first two rounds the Blue and Gray were looking for a bounce-back performance on day three. Though the team’s ranking improved, only two of the five Hoyas improved individually.

Dulieu and Jo finished the tournament tied for 15th – the best among the Hoya golfers – with a score of 15-over par 231.

The other Hoya to move up in the rankings was Dalton, who posted a 4-over par 76 final round score to finish in 59th. Choi kept her 31st-place ranking with a final round score of 6-over par 78. Redfield dropped to 56th after posting a third round score of 10-over par 82.

“[I’m] content, [but] I wouldn’t say happy,” Post said of her team’s seventh-place finish. “It would have been nice to get one or two more spots.”

Post and the Hoyas played this past Monday and Tuesday and will compete tomorrow and Saturday in the William and Mary Invitational at The Hollows in Richmond, Va.