Hee Young Kim (GRD ’10) was pronounced dead in her apartment in the early morning of Oct 11. Kim was found in her Wisconsin Avenue residence by the Metropolitan Police Department earlier that night. She was 28 years old.

According to the MPD report, Kim’s death occurred some time between 10:30 p.m. on Oct. 10 and 2:30 a.m. on Oct 11. Beverly Fields, spokeswoman for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, confirmed the manner of death as suicide by hanging.

PD Officer Robert Corchado arrived on the scene early Saturday morning and found Kim “in an unconscious state,” according to the MPD report. The D.C. Fire and Medic department arrived shortly afterward.

ary Beth Petrasek, physician assistant and medicolegal examiner for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in D.C., pronounced Kim dead at 4:26 a.m.

Kim, known as Alex, was from South Korea and a first-year student pursuing her Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Second Language at Georgetown.

Timothy Barbari, associate provost for research and dean for the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, notified graduate students on the main and medical campuses of Kim’s death via e-mail Tuesday, stating that the school is in contact with Kim’s family to provide support and resources.

Kim’s family’s contact information could not be ascertained.

If you are in need of counseling, Georgetown’s Counseling and Psychiatric Service, located in Darnall Hall, can be reached at 202-687-6985 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and at 202-444-7243 for emergencies.

Georgetown’s Counseling and Psychiatric Service, located in Darnall Hall, can be reached at (202) 687-6985 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and at (202) 444-7243 for emergencies.