The Georgetown Program Board has signed Dispatch for an outdoor concert on the Georgetown campus in late March.

The concert will be held on March 23 on the Harbin Terrace at 8 p.m. and will include an opening act that has yet to be determined.

GPB Concerts Chair Justin Barra (COL ’02) said that he was excited about the concert. “They are one of the best small bands right now and are on their way up. It’s our chance to get them now because pretty soon they are going to break out.”

Tickets will go on sale for Georgetown students with student identification today for $10 each. Tickets will be sold in either Red Square or the Leavey Center depending on weather.

Only 800 tickets are being sold, and Barra said that GPB hopes to sell the majority if not all of their tickets on Friday. If there are remaining tickets, they will go on sale to the general public for $15 each on Monday, March 12.

The concert will be held in a tent on Harbin Terrace and will take place rain or shine. The opening band will be announced as soon as it is confirmed.

Barra said he started working on bringing Dispatch to Georgetown a year ago. “It has been a challenge hammering out the details and it is really exciting that we got them to come,” he said.

Barra said that GPB wanted to continue its tradition of outdoor concerts after last year’s sold out Black 47 concert. “With only 800 tickets being sold, it is a small show. GPB wanted to give students the chance to see a good band on a Friday night without a big cost,” Barra said.

Dispatch (formerly known as One Fell Swoop) is a Boston-based trio that is a self-described “tri-vocal funkcoustic instrument-swap groove” band.

The band has been together since 1995 and has recorded four studio albums, including its most recent, Who are We Living For? The band has received radio airplay in major cities like Boston, New York, Philadelphia and Denver.

According to Barra, Dispatch is known for their energetic live shows, which involve frequent instrument trading and many changeovers between acoustic and electric set-ups. Their variety of styles, ranging from percussion jams to raps to intricate harmonies, have earned the band a reputation that has spread from the East Coast across the entire nation.