Georgetown’s MBA Program Ranked 54th by Executives

Georgetown’s Master of Business Administration program scored the 54th spot in a new study of the top 150 international universities from which CEOs and chairmen of leading companies hire.

After surveying business leaders from 10 different countries between Nov. 2010 and Jan. 2011, French consulting firm Emerging and German partner Trendence compiled a list of the elite MBA programs from around the world.

Universities were issued a set number of points for each company that named it as one of the top schools from which it drew job candidates. A university that received a vote from an executive native to its country of origin received one point. Votes cast for a school in a participant’s home continent counted for 1.5 points, while those issued for overseas institutions were worth 2 points.

Harvard University and Stanford University nabbed the top two spots, followed by Yale University.

Though Georgetown’s ranking of 54th placed it behind these American schools, the MBA program remained ahead of many  other regional competitors. New York University, the University of Notre Dame and Vanderbilt University received rankings of 66th, 83rd and 89th respectively.

Doreen Amorosa, the associate dean and managing director of the Georgetown MBA Career Center, said the school’s ranking is a result of the administration’s efforts to boost the desirability of its graduates in the global job market.

According to Amorosa, Georgetown’s MBA Program appeals to businesses because its students are required to balance curriculum, career and community.

“Employers find that MSB students are well equipped with the leadership skills, technical knowledge, collaborative approach and career development tools needed to be successful,” she said.