Georgetown Takes 19th

By Meredith McCloskey Hoya Staff Writer

The Georgetown golf team made its spring debut this past weekend, placing 19th out of 21 teams at the Pepsi Intercollegiate hosted by East Carolina University at the Bradford Creek Golf Club in Greenville, N.C. The Hoyas finished with a two-day score of 622, 51 shots behind Virginia Commonwealth and Virginia Tech, who tied for first.

Georgetown faced a great deal of tough teams from the South, which was beneficial in indicating necessary improvements for the Hoyas, according to Head Coach Tommy Hunter.

“It’s still very early. We need to be patient and continue to work hard and have quality practices to better prepare,” Hunter said. “This was a tune-up for more important tournaments in terms of district play. This helped us see where we were.”

The top three Hoya finishes came from sophomores Andreas Huber, Tristan Lewis and Cody Courbier. Huber shot five over par for a combined score of 149 (72-77) tying for 48th place. Lewis tied for 61st with a score of 151 (75-76) and Courbier improved during the second round to finish 90th with a score of 156 (79-77).

Georgetown is currently ranked 10th in its district and hopes to break into the top five by the end of the spring. The Hoyas have already succeeded in moving up this weekend by finishing ahead of University of Pennsylvania, which is ranked No. 9 in their district.