Georgetown’s offensive woes continued this weekend as the Hoyas dropped three out of four games in its final road trip of the season.

In the first game on Saturday in Hamden, Conn., Georgetown lost a heartbreaker to Quinnipiac, 2-1, on a walk-off RBI double from sophomore first baseman Emily Bellush. Although the Hoyas took the early 1-0 lead in game one on an RBI single from sophomore second baseman Jadig Garcia, the Bobcats knotted the score at one an inning later on a run-scoring double.

Sophomore pitcher Jennifer Connell kept the Bobcats on their heels all day with an outstanding performance, allowing only two runs on eight hits over 7.1 innings, but in the bottom of the eighth, Bellush ended the game after failing to lay down a sacrifice bunt.

“It was a fantastic effort from Jennifer,” Head Coach Pat Conlan said. “We just couldn’t get it done in regulation, and in extra innings anything can happen.”

The Hoyas stranded 11 runners in the loss.

In the second game, the Hoyas managed to string together just three hits in the 5-1 setback. Freshman Melissa Conners allowed five runs on 10 hits over six innings.

On Sunday, Georgetown halted a six-game losing streak as the Hoya bats finally came to life against Central Connecticut State in the first game of a doubleheader. In the top of the first, sophomore third baseman Demetria Cipriano led off the game with a double and sophomore shortstop Samantha Peters blasted a home run, her 14th on the season, to give the Hoyas a 2-0 lead. In the bottom of the first, however, the Blue Devils tallied four runs to seize the advantage in their favor.

But Georgetown finally sparked a rally. In the top of the fourth inning, freshman Jillian Webb knocked a pinch-hit double that drove in two runs, and Cipriano followed suit by knocking her second double of the game to give the Hoyas a 5-4 lead. Freshman centerfielder Aimee Moffat singled to drive in Peters in the fifth, and sophomore catcher Suria Bahadue delivered a bunt single later on in the inning to plate Moffat and hand Georgetown a 7-4 advantage.

Conners earned the win, allowing just three hits and no runs over six innings, while striking out five.

GU could not sustain enough momentum to grab a second straight victory. The Hoyas took an early 3-0 lead at the start of game two and added to it after a double from freshman right fielder McKinley Cooper drove in Cipriano in the top of the fourth. CCSU ignited its rally in the bottom half of the inning to cut the Hoya lead to one, 4-3, and in the bottom of the fifth, a two-run triple gave the Blue Devils a 5-4 lead. They would go on to win by that score. Sophomore Jennifer Connell allowed five runs, four earned, and seven hits over five innings in the loss.

“We got off to a great start against CCSU. I really liked our offensive output and we played very, very well defensively,” Conlan said. “We just need to put all parts of the game together.”

GU returns home on Tuesday for a doubleheader against Coppin State at Guy Mason Field beginning at 5 p.m.